45th Annual Poetry Contest
Grades K - 8
Submissions Due: Friday, May 29, 2020
Our building is closed, but we are still accepting submissions for our annual poetry contest.
This year's contest has students divided into groups, with each grade competing against only their own grade.
Put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard!) and write your own poem using one of the topics below. Be sure to pick a topic from the list for your grade level.
Poem Topics by Group
Grades K - 3
2. My Favorite Thing
3. Who Are Your Superheroes?
Grades 4 - 6
1. Spooky, Scary Things
2. My Mad Scientist Invention
3. What's Your Ideal World?
Grades 7 - 8
1. Make a Haiku
2. Social Media: Hero or Zero?
3. What Empowers You to Be Fierce?
You may submit your poem by mail, email, or using our online submission form.
All entries must be received by 5 p.m. on Friday, May 29.
Download and print the registration form. Complete the information on the form, and attach it to the back of the poem.
Mail to: Poetry Contest, Silas Bronson Library, 267 Grand Street, Waterbury, CT 06702
1. In the body of the email, include the full registration information:
2. Attach your poem to the email.
3. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Use our online registration form to submit your poem through our website.
Click here to use the form.